Here it is our gorgeous and perfectly proportioned small kids mud kitchen from the WORM range. It really makes a fantastic birthday or Christmas present or just an incredibly generous gift from perhaps the grandparents. Our aim with the worm mud kitchen is to turn your children into explorers/scientists; enthralled, excited and curious about the world around them. When Harry was growing up he/we loved nothing better than hunting in the woods or the garden for worms, bugs or strange looking insects. Once we had gone beyond the initial “that’s disgusting” we had so much fun trying to place bugs under the microscope to see what they were like. Not only was it really interesting, it provided an activity as a family we could do together and it also added extra spice to our day trips because we were always hunting for that new ingredient or insect that we could find and if it wasn’t suitable to bring it home, we would take pictures and see if we could discover later what it was called.
Learning how to build and develop our wormery has been an activity we have done together. Activities are fun, create memories and perhaps spark an interest in the child that may last a lifetime. Of course you don’t need to buy one of our mud kitchens to start a wormery, if you search YouTube you can find ways to make them for hardly any money at all. That in itself would be a fab thing to do.We have even learned some new words Lumbricus terrestris .
Worms are not included but can be bought online or even better found in the garden. We will include links to great resources that will help you build and develop your own wormery.
So much more than a mud kitchen!
- We have designed a WORMERY to fit perfectly into the back of your kids mud kitchen. We have had so much fun building ours. This really is a brilliant activity for all the family. Plan how the wormery will be built, what materials you will need, investigate how to look after the worms and off you go. We can’t stop checking ours! Nothing beats hunting for worms and bugs, learning their names, giving them pretend names, studying them under the magnifying glass. It really is incredible and so interesting. The wormery is built using perspex and is easily taken apart to clean and then put back together.
- Find the INVISIBLE word (s) ‘normally’ written by Harry.
- Don’t forget to mix up some fabulous and very dirty mud pies.
Find the INVISIBLE WORD and claim your small but perfectly formed prize
Our aim is to try and create the most exciting childrens products in the world. Hidden somewhere in all of our mud kitchens is an invisible word(s) written by Harry. If you can discover the word it would be wonderful if your child felt able to draw a picture write a story or do whatever they enjoy and send the results to us (email). Once received we will send back a small but perfectly formed prize to your child. Read more here.
What you get with your Mud Kitchen
- A WORMERY. Don’t worry its easy to take apart and clean.
- INVISIBLE MESSAGE and a prize to be won!
- A pen/torch to find your secret message
- Choose between a 1 STAINLESS STEEL BOWL with 2 HOBS or 1 BOWL with more preparation space for those mud creations
- Some WOODEN UTENSILS (We include some simple wooden spoons to get you started. We are trying to move away from plastic utensils)
- A product that OOZES QUALITY. Our mud kitchens are made from locally sourced external pressure treated timber.
- BEAUTIFUL WORKTOPS made from quality locally sourced external pressure treated timber. We use a top quality varnish that seals and protects the wood giving it a beautiful and long lasting finish that really shows of the grain of the wood.
- We use the popular Cuprinol Garden Shades range to add colour to your kitchen and bring it to life. Each kitchen gets 3 coats to protect it and make sure it lives ‘almost forever’. Choose your colour (the popular ones are included in the drop down box)
- FREE DELIVERY mainland UK
Is your child more interested in food, vegetables, plants , herbs and art, then have a look at our GROW range of mud kitchens.
Height of worktop (from floor to worktop): 52cm Overall height: 94cm Length: 65cm Width: 46cm Weight: 16kg (approx)
We can make your mud kitchen to any dimensions you need, just get in touch!
LOCAL OFFER: If local within 15 miles of EX5 (Woodbury) we will deliver your mud kitchen, which means we can reduce your price by £20.00. Enter coupon code ‘smallmud15’ at checkout.